Rail Mounting Hardware
Max. load pair for HD inserts is limited to 2,760 lb. regardless of the number of load pairs used per insert. *Shear and slip loads can be increased to 1,500 lbs/bolt if a 16 in. tall by (insert length + 10 in.) block opening is used.
Notes for INSERT-HDs:
• Allowable loads at S.F. = 3.0
• Minimum required grout strength = 3,000 psi with a min. air dry density = 110 pcf.
• Min. required bolt spacing for load pairs = 6 in.
• Min. spacing between multiple load pairs = 12 in. as used on 24 in. through 48 in. inserts.
• Min. required spacing between point loads = 12 in.
• All connections require use of 1/2 in. through 3/4 in. strut nuts placed a min. of 2 in. from the end of the insert.
• Recommended bolt torques: 1/2 in. = 50 ft/lbs, 5/8 and 3/4 in. = 100 ft/lbs (3/8 in. thick anchor recommended).
• Required min. end distance from end of insert to edge of grout = 3 in. (required block opening = insert length + 6 in.).
• Required min. edge distance from centerline of insert to top and bottom edge of grout = 4 in. (8 in. tall min. block opening required).
• 5 in. min. end distance, 8 in. min. edge distance.
• Strut cross-sectional measurements are 1-5/8 x 1-5/8 in.